“Stalkers… What makes them so dominate? versatile? vigorous? …
… They are adaptable to many situations, they are leaders, and are determined to fight to the end.”
- There are way too many possibilites for me to list on the Stalkers stats and skills. I have only put 4 types of builds. I hope they help. Thank you. <3
– The equipments I have put down is mostly for PVP use, the items you should use for PVM is your choice, to become either AGI based (Ghost bandana/Ulles cap, etc.)
There may be some guides on rogues leveling, but this is mostly a Stalker Guide.
Table Of Contents
- Pros and Cons
- Type of Stalkers and Their Stats
- Strategy (PVP, PVM)
- War of Emperium
- Player VS Player (PVP)
- Leveling Guide
1. Pros and Cons - Pro et contra (For and against, derived from Latin)
- Versatility (Able to use Daggers, Swords, Bows, Shields, which makes them the perfect killers in PVM and PVP)
- Able to use any skill desired from the effect of Plagarism and Preserve (Only second class skills)
- Able to sneak and strip opponents in PVP.
- Hide effects but more flexible than Assassins / Assassin Crosses.
- Dominant Flee (Able to reach 300+)
- Usage of Bows that which enables 100% damage on Small and Medium monsters.
- Fast levelers with the effect of Plagarism and Preserve which enables various skills to be copied and used for effective leveling.
- Unable to MVP effectively
- Bow builds lack weight and large amount of arrow consumption (Bow users)
- Lack of HP (depending on what build used)
- Depending on which build is used, Stalkers are meant for PVP usage (Don’t get me wrong, they can be PVM based as well). For PVP lovers, Stalkers are a way to go.
2. Type of Stalkers and Their Stats
These Stat guides may exceed the level 99 cap, because it is up to the user to choose what kind of build they wanted.
Bow Based Stalkers (DS) – Double Strafe
These Bow Based Stalkers that use double strafe are rare (In PVP). However, in PVM, these are the way to go – These stats are BASE stats.
- Strength : 1 or None needed unless you have the extra points for the weight capacity for ammunition.
- Agility : 70~99 for maximum ASPD and Flee. But this changes when VIT comes in an option.
- Vitality : 20~50 Truly, it is up to the user to recognize which one is more important, more HP or more Flee/Speed.
- Intelligence : 1~25 This may come in handy for Double Strafe spammers.
- Dexterity : 99 No excuses.
- Luck : None (in my case)
Double strafe stalkers are handy in PVM, but in most cases in PVP, they may lack the ability to kill an opponent.
Bow Based Stalkers (BB) – Bowling Bash (Plagiarized + Preserved) and Full Strip
These type of stalkers are most commonly seen in PVP only. However they can be PVM rarely. Full Stripping PVM monsters is rarely done.
- Strength : 1 or None
- Agility : 40~70 The ability to dodge most attacks and deal great amount of damage is the unique attributes towards Stalkers.
- Vitality : 70~90 Having this stat will enable you to reach the 10,000 hp with the proper gears.
- Intelligence : 1~25 Same for DS, you may need to keep up the spam.
- Dexterity : 99 No excuses.
- Luck : None (In my case)
If a bowling bash stalker is correctly used in PVP, you will be able to reach damages you have never thought you can deal with a simple bowling bash (Of course using Full Strip). If you are wanting to PVM with this build, I recommend you just take the Double Strafer build because Bowling Bash is a rare skill to use in PVM (For Stalkers).
Cast Based Stalkers – Plagiarism and Preserve
These stalkers are based on their MATK and are seen in WoE and PVP and PVM.
- Strength : 1 or None
- Agility : 1 or None (Unless you are a determined person wanting to find out new tactics)
- Vitality : 50~80 To be able to survive in any conditions.
- Intelligence : 99 Max MATK needed.
- Dexterity : 80~99 Fast cast needed.
- Luck : None (In my case)
By copying and using skills such as Jupiter Thunder, Storm gust, and any other desired MATK based skills, you will be able (sometimes) to deal more damage and survive longer then High wizards (in some cases).
P.S: You are able to reach instant cast with the help of buffs, gospel and poem of bragi. – Have fun spamming Jupiter thunder.
Support Based Stalkers – Full Strip / Storm Gust / Flying Side Kick (FSK)
I may lack some information on WoE, feel free to correct me. Thanks. These stats include both MATK use and Full Strip tank use.
- Strength : 1 Unless you intend to carry pots for your team, which is unlikely.
- Agility : 50~99 Since in my opinion, Agility and Vitality is the best stats for tanking. (Mostly used for Tank use)
- Vitality : 80~99 Of course, to become tank and survive. (Mostly used for Tank use)
- Intelligence : 80~99 This is needed for support casters in WoE.
- Dexterity : 70~99 (Mostly Support Caster based WoE stalkers). There is much controversy on the % of strip chance, but I like to just believe in the 15%.
- Luck : None (In my case)
Feel free to correct me, but I think this is alright. Of course you can also help by using Remove Trap, which is excellent in getting through hordes of traps. The usage of FSK is also useful, since you can FSK towards enemy Wizard line defence, get devotioned by a Paladin and use the Guild Skill, ‘Recall’. It also removes enemy Soul Link buffs and Zerk pitched zerk pots. (Thank you Bubblegum for this information, and Tea.)
Other equipment can be used, but in my opinion and my overall experience, I used these (For PVP and PVM).
- Headgear (Top) : +0~10 Feather Beret (PVP), Apple of Archer (PVP/PVM). Alice Doll (PVP), Ulles Cap (PVM, PVP)
- Headgear (Middle) : Angel Ears, Evil Ears, Sunglasses (All).
- Headgear (Lower) : Anything that suits you. Eg. Romantic Flower. (All).
- Armor : +0~10 Glittering Jacket, Valkyries Armor, Thief Clothes. Carded with Marc / Evil Druid, or any other card to reduce damage from the particular monster you are VS’ing. (PVM, PVP).
- Hood : +0~10 Wool Scarf With Raydric Card / Noxious Card / Deviling Card (If you can) (PVP,PVM).
- Shoes : +0~10 Tidal Shoes With Verit Card / Matyr Card / Green Ferus Card (PVP, PVM).
- Right Hand : +0~10 Composite Bow With 4x Hydra / 3x Hydra + 1 Skeleton Worker / 2x Hydra + 2x Skeleton Worker. Bazerald for Casters. +10 Composite Bow with any cards that are effective against the type of monster you are against.
- Left Hand : Valkyries Shield or Orleans Plate With Thara Frog Card / Any other card for any PVM use. (PVP, PVM).
- Accessories : 2x Glove With 2x Zeroms. Or 2x Orleans Glove with 2x Zeroms. Any other card for any PVM use can be used. (All).
With the Composite Bow as your weapon, there has been much controversy of using a Gakkung instead of a Composite Bow, due to the fact Stalkers have approximately 130 dex but Snipers having 150+. In my point of view, and experience, I have used Triple Bloody Boned Composite Bows, and they seemed to be more effective than Gakkungs. I have put the items for Caster builds, Double Strafe and Bowling Bash into 1 Equipment guide.
There are many tactical ways of using a Stalker, which makes them versatile.
This strategy is mostly PVP based.
To get into details (into PVP based Bow Bowling Bash users) – Because most stalkers use BB now. Hopefully:
- You MUST be able to know how to switch gears (Put them on your hotkey bar).
- You MAY need to know how to BM (Battle Mode /bm) but I didn’t use it.
Switch between your main weapon and a status bow and your shield. The status bow is most likely and better to be a Freeze or Stun or Silence one.
Only 1 Arrow is needed to have the bow change its element, but having more should be better because of the use of status bows. So, it is most likely you should put a Wind Arrow.
If you are confident in your backsliding skills, you should be able to use Backslide, change to a status bow and hit them 1 at a time until they are effected. After silenced, stunned, or frozen, you can go into position and start stripping them. Afterwards, it is your choice what to do next. More extensive information will be on Player VS Player section.
If you are not interested in PVP, but into PVM, it is likely for you to have the build of a Caster or a Double Strafer. If you are a Caster, it will be a nice choice to copy Storm Gust and mob monsters, or Turn Undead and kill some Anubis’. Double strafe of course, you just spam it. More information is shown on the Equipment section (for items) and Leveling Guide (How to level).
5. War of Emperium
To become versatile in WoE (War of Emperiuum), it is best to become a support type.
Support type meaning Casting along side High Wizards, or Close confining where the enemy spawns and stripping them (Full Strip).
You are able to use bowling bash in WoE, it is effective, but it depends what your leader thinks in most cases.
Caster Type is the build for WoE, or a new build which is Support Build which is having stat points into Vitality for maximum survival and agility/dex.
Remove trap is also a nice skill for removing traps which are placed within the Emperium room or any other rooms.
Using FSK (Flying Side Kick) – A skill copied from a Taekwon, can be very good. Especially if you are a leader of a guild with the skill ‘Recall’. The usage of FSK enables you to fly kick towards the enemy line defence (Usually the wizard line) and get past numerous obstacles. FSK also enables you to remove enemy Berserk pitched Berserk pots and Soul Link Buffs. After FSK’ing towards enemy defence, you are able to get devotioned and use the guild skill called ‘Recall’ in order for you to take the castle more effectively. – Thank you Bubblegum.
With the help of Mail breakers / Sword breakers, you will be able to break the opponents armour and weapons. This comes in handy when you are in War of Emperium, with the help of FSK. (Obviously you kick around opponents to break their armours/weapons). Blast accessories (Marina Sphere Card) has also been mentioned to do the same as well.
As I said before, if not, I’ll state it here. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
In this section, I will absolutely be very brief due to the length of my post is already long. It will exceed more than the capped amount of course, because it is YOUR CHOICE, it may also not even reach the required amount to transcend to the other job, if so, it means you can put whatever suits you.
- Double Attack – Any amount as this is a thief skill (Bows do not work with this)
- Increase Dodge – 10 No doubt about it.
- Steal – Hardly of any use unless you like to hunt.
- Hiding – 5 At least
- Envenom – 0 Not needed unless you have extra skill points which you will when you are a thief.
- Detoxify – up to you.
- Vultures eye – 10 (This is needed for PVM use and PVP if you are a double strafer).
- Double Strafe – 10 (Obvious – same as above).
- Sword Mastery – 0~10 If you are a sword based stalker.
- Remove Trap – 0~1 If you like to WoE.
- Snatcher – 0~10 If you like to hunt, get it.
- Steal Coin – 0~10 Needed at least level 2 for Strip.
- Backstab – 0~4 If you want to get plagiarize/preserve, you must get at least level 4 for Intimidate.
- Tunnel Drive – 5 If you want chasewalk get level 3 at least.
- Raid – 5 If you want plagiarize.
- All Type of Strips – 5 If you want full strip.
- Intimidate – 5 For Plagiarism.
- Plagarism – 10 For Preserve.
- Chase Walk – 1~5 Depending on what you desire. If you are too slow, it won’t be a hassle just to use a soul link.
- Reject Sword – 1~5 If you have extra skill points remaining
- Preserve – 1 If you are a caster.
- Full Strip – 5 Must (Unless you’re PVM type).
I may be missing some skills due to the fact that they are utterly useless or I have accidently missed them. Sorry. As I said earlier, please use ctrl + f for maximum search findings.
7. Player VS Player (PVP)
This is a guide where you will have extensive knowledge on how to PvP each class. Of course lots of people will disagree with my guide, but its what I think. Feel free to correct me.
Lord Knight VS Stalker : Two possibilities, a Spiral’er or a Bowling Basher (Maybe others but I can’t think of any other). Firstly, for Spiral vs Stalker, you must be able to have a fast reflex to dodge their Spiral by using your skill ‘Hide’, but even so if you successfully pull that off, after you come out you will be spiral’d again, so, it is best to equip your thara shield, BUT, you are still able to try and freeze them but you can only shoot ONCE before hiding again (or you will be spiral’d), good luck. Personally, all I can think of is going in for the strip (Feel free to comment on this). If you are VS’ing a bowling basher, prepare to use your Backslide skill and equip your Status bow (Most likely to be a Marina carded one). Backslide, shoot once, backslide, shoot once until they get frozen, If they don’t seem to get frozen, obviously they’re wearing Marc/ED (Most of the times). In this case, good luck, I can’t think of anything else. Go in for the strip.
Paladin VS Stalker : Two possibilities, a Shield Chain’er or a Matyr Reckoning (Sacraficial Ritual) paladin. If you are up against a Paladin itself, don’t bother Double Strafing (if you are a DS’er) unless the Paladin fails. Same as the Spiral Lord Knight tactic, try to hit them once at least before hiding from the shield chain. If it fails, I guess its Full Strip time again. Reject Sword is your best friend VS’ing a Matyr Reckoning paladin, it halves the damage, pretty good. Since they are melee like a bowling basher, you should be able to backslide away from them while trying to status them. If not, put your shield on, reject sword, and go for the Strip.
High Priest VS Stalker : Basic PVP. If he has Marc/ED (Which he probably will have). Just strip and hope your Bowling bash can kill them. Double strafers are utterly hopeless against priests. If you are a bowling basher build, with the Vit you have you won’t be silenced quite often, so go in for the strip and bowling bash as fast as you can, meaning click a tile next to you to successfully pull off the bowling bash spam (Its like the occult impact post somewhere). Otherwise, good luck.
Creator VS Stalker : If they are going to Acid Demonstration you, I got no idea, have fun repairing your items. Nothing to say here.
Champion VS Stalker : If you are VS’ing a cheap champion, he will asura however you can dodge it of course. If he is a decent champion, he will try and kill you by using occult, PPS (Push palm strike) and TSS (Throw spirit sphere). You must have good reflexes because they lose their spheres after trying to hit you with TSS. PPS will always hit you even if you do hide after they use it on you. You are able to use the hit and hide tactic, good luck, though I have never did it myself. In my point of view, I would just go in and try to Bowling bash him as fast as you can. DS’ers, no chance (imo).
Assassin Cross VS Stalker : Three possibilities, Soul breaker, sonic blower or hybrid. Obviously, I would rather not try and use the hit and hide technique on this class, you get hit once without wearing your shield, most likely your hp will be halved by SBK, if they sonic blow you, most likely you will die (Due to some SinX’s using soul link and EDP). If they are SBK type, you can try and DS’ing them as fast as possible or BB’ing them. There is no point in stripping because they still dish out pretty decent damage without their weapons (SBK’ers). Sonic Blowers may be easy at times, but usually hard. If they don’t have much dex, they will miss you. With your BB build or DS, you will easily have 200 flee. You can either try and kill them or strip them. For hybrid SinX’s, Good luck, no comment.
High Wizard VS Stalker : Bowling bash them or DS them, hopefully kill them before they stone curse you or frost diver you. Good luck.
Sniper VS Stalker : Most snipers will have hell loads of flee, making stalkers having a big disadvantage. If you are lucky, you will be able to Bowling bash them, if you are a DS type, no chance unless the sniper is epic fail. If the sniper is a Falcon Assaulter, hopefully you can strip them. You can try and using a status bow (silence/stun) and bowling bash/ds’ing them, hopefully surviving and status’ing them.
WhiteSmith VS Stalker : Only hope for you is to use the shoot and hide technique. If you successfully get them frozen/statused, go in for the Full Strip immediately. If you aren’t able to strip them. They will terminate you quite hard.
Clown/Gypsy VS Stalker : If you are a BB type, you will be able to hit around 2~4 bowling bashes whilst they cast their VA and waiting for the delay to cooldown. Hopefully you can survive 2 VA’s and kill them before they do. If you are a DS type, just stay far, equip your Marc/ED and DS them and hide etc.
Professor VS Stalker : Damn tough, soul burn and you’re screwed unless you pot. Only chance is for you to BB / DS. Probably they will cast Fog, which will make it even more annoying. Good luck really >.>.
Stalker VS Stalker : Finally, Vs’ing your own kind. I have experienced Stalker VS Stalker pvp’s. They will either try and strip you, ds you or bowling bash you. If they attempt to strip you, you go in for the damage. If you have been stripped, you go for the strip, if both of you have been stripped, sit down and have a cup of tea. If the other stalker has higher flee then you, you are at a major disadvantage. Do not bother on the hide and hit technique (unless they are a Saber type).
All Classes VS Stalker (Caster Type) : If you are bothered to gospel yourself and buff yourself (inc. Poem of Bragi). You will be able to reach instant cast with most skills eg. Jupitel thunder. Since jupitel thunder has no delay, you will be able to kill most characters even if they do pot. If you do not have gospel and buffs, hopefully you can just turn support by freezing them with frost diver and stripping them. If not, good luck.
Once again, a lot of you will disagree but this was just my personal experience.
8. Leveling Guide
Personally, I have never grinded my way to 99 soloing. I have either got a leech (Yes, even if I am a rogue), did Quests (Mostly this), or semi grinding.
Quests you can do are:
- Shadow Quest
- Curse of Gaelbolg
- Rachel Sanctuary quests
- Brunspetti Quest
- Eye of Helion
Of course some quests have level requirements. Mostly around 50~70.
Level 20~Any : Geographers one map north of Einbroch. Fire arrow and go nuts. (Just get a bow and some range, and you’ll be fine). Do not use daggers for these, obviously you’ll know why. Power level here we come.
Level 60~99 : Enchanted Peach Trees inside Gonryun Dungeon can get you rich and you will be able to level slowly. If you are a higher level and wanting extra money, you can just use a dagger build and steal/auto steal off them.
Level 70~99 : High Orcs (gef_fild14, 1 Map West of Orc Dungeon) are another way of leveling Stalkers, but I recommend Isilla and Vanberks. If you still want to come here, be my guest, but equip a Water/Crystal Arrow to get maximum damage. If you are a high level maybe you can turn into a Caster Build and Storm gust them. Have fun here.
Level 80~99 : With a decent level, even the most unexperienced Stalkers/Rogues are able to level at Rachel Sanctuary (1 map north of Rachel Town, then enter the Temple and find the entrance on the second floor. Depending on your server you might nave to do quests to get access). Isilla and Vanberks are the monsters you should concentrate on, they are slow, good leveling, and a good money maker. Especially easier if you like to PVP, a PVP weapon will deal more damage (Isilla and Vanberks are demi-human), making it better for you since you don’t have to make another PVM weapon!
Level 80~99 : You can also copy the skill “Claymore Trap” from a Hunter/Sniper and mob up Galions. Just be sure you have agi up at least. (You are able to use this type of leveling even if you are a rogue, just get around level 70+).
Level 85~99 : You can Plagiarize / Preserve Turn Undead and go Anubis in Sphinx 4 or 5. (Most likely only Stalkers are able to do this because they may hit you with sonic blow thus losing ur turn undead skill). You will need an undead armor to copy the skill in PvP.
Level 90~99 : You can either ‘try’ soloing Kasa in Thor’s Volcano, but I recommend you having the proper gear before attempting this due to Kasa’s buffed up Intelligence.
- The gears include: Jakk carded Garment, Pasana carded Armour, A +10 Composite Bow with cards including Peco Peco Egg, Minorous. These are basically the MUST haves for Kasa leveling. (Trust me, its hard due to Kasa’s buffed up stats).
Sorry for the lack of information if there is anything I missed.
P.S.: Doing quests will enable you to get around level 80~90, on a 10x rate server.
Rogue Job Bonuses:
Stalkers Job Bonuses:
Ragnarok Skill Calculator:
Rogue Skill Descriptions:
Stalker Skill Descriptions: